2010年5月11日 星期二

Journal-Big triumph!Top 10 in ICRT speech contest

This Sunday, we 5 girls went up to Taipei for a speech contest held by ICRT and Gram English. It was not my first time having this kind of competition, but we are the only one from a thousand miles away.

Before the contest, we practiced in front of our classmates, receiving their comments and revised our drafts again and again. Finally, we presented ourselves on the stage and happily got in the top ten. It is wroth mentioning that this time I am myself one the stage. I had a lot of experiences of participating in speech contests, but I simply deliver the speech, not saying something from my heart. Or I would stand there making affected gestures. However, I took a risk this time, a risk for being who I really am. I change my style to a more natural and conversational way. Luckily, it is exactly what the judges’ want. It was like a gambling game and I made a right bet. Thanks God I got the third prize! But it is not the end. There would be round two at the coming Sunday, and I should be careful and work even harder to keep my place. Congratulations to Chung Cheng girls, we 4/5 girls are in the top ten, and we are going to “fight” again!

Put the serious part aside, we went shopping on Saturday to let out my stress. I got several “loots” such as a pair of shoes, jeans, some clothes and so on. Although I felt a little guilty, but it truly was a great sense of satisfaction. (LOL)

It was a great experience to challenge ourselvers, but the final contest is at the coner, we have to work hard together first!

沒有留言:

張貼留言