2009年12月2日 星期三

task 7

We young people, especilly the youngsters who were born after 1981, are being mocked as “strawberry generation”. It is said that we are as vulerable as strawberries, who put more emphazise on external (apperance) than internal (personality), and are unstable, unendurable, unprincipled, even are hedonists.
However, from my point of view, those decriptions is a little bit stereotypical and subjective as well. There are always some black sheeps not doing well fulfilling their duty, so that others may take a part for the whole, saying we are this and that.

I am quite unsatisfied with the statemants and the adjectives describing us. At least I am not that kind of young people they mentioned. I think those who are too vulerable to face tha music are because they lack of the courage and are not being trained to do that. Perhaps their parents play a great role on it. My parents, especially my mother, has trained me to solve the problems on my own, and to think independently, which has made me learn to believe in myself, be more and more confident so that I won’t be defeated easily. As I have mentioned before, I take my failure and mistakes as a key to success, so I don’t care how many times I fail or lose. The more times I lose, the stronger I get. I even encourage my friends or classmates to hold on stright anytime they are frustrated. I would tell them some ways to bounce back as well.

Maybe they are right in some ways about we young generation, and I am to no denial. But somehow I am figuring out a way to help my peers to get away from those unwarranted statements. Perhaps we have been taught by the media for too many wrong conceptions, that we act unlike the way we supposed to do. For instance, everyone purchase material life, but we young people just don’t know where is the limit. We do things in an excessive way, which eventually leads to an imbalance and disorder life.

It is important to cultivate a right attitude toward things. Don’t blame on hermon or an impulse, because we are big enough to take care of ourselves and distinguish things from right or wrong.

1 則留言:

  1. I'm quite agree with your point of view. Not simply because we are the one who are being labled as fragile and lack of principle, I think the strawberry generation comes from the whole society. Just like what you've mentioned, parents are the important roles in cultivating young generation. When parents prevent their kids from various events, the young generation are deprived from the social context and precious experiences. Under such situation, how can we expect the young to be able to be patient, sophisticated and to solve problems? In other words, parents take away the opportunities for the youngs to practice and learn. Hence today the generation become weak and even hedonist.

    I think it is very interesting that people (usually media) tend to marked different with symbols. For example, the case we have today “strawberry generation.” I'm quite agree with your point of view and I want to share an article with you.

    http://www.coolloud.org.tw/node/2955

    The article title is “who create the strawberry generation?” and it's written by a writer. He shares his idea about the labeled generation and brings up a very different point that while people are complaining how fragile our young generation is, they forgot that people are now under such situation is because of the previous situation. I think the author speaks out what the ”strawberries” want to say.

    In my opinion, the only way to make things better is to stop blaming others and get united. We complain the politics environment is bad, the economic is not good, and people in the society are indifferent. But we have to remember one thing: all these problems are not from one single person or event, but gradually accumulate and become a huge problem.

    回覆刪除