2009年11月5日 星期四

task 6

Question 1: How do you usually look at your mistakes?
Answer 1: I view them as a key to success. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, there’s nothing to be ashamed of, like I just mentioned several weeks ago. It is also said that every failure is a stepping-stone to success.

Question 2: How do you define mistakes?
Answer 2: Mistake is a necessary existence. Only when you do something wrong will you reflect on yourself. Mistakes make me grow more and more mature since I learn from every wrongdoing.

Question 3: After listening to Prof. Pausch’s speech, do you still see mistakes in the same way? Answer 3: Yes, I already think in the similar way with him. I like the words he said: “The walls weren’t there for no reason, they let us know how badly we want things. ” It inspired me a lot. And, also, “Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted.” I would keep those words in mind=).

2 則留言:

  1. 1. I usually view my mistakes as an acceptable error. People are not born to be perfect. Hence people shouldn't feel ashamed of making mistakes. Additionally, mistakes can help people reflect on themselves and thus provides people with ideas to solve similar problem. Therefore, when I mess up the task, I will tell myself that it is no big deal as long as I can learn the lesson from the mistake. Though sometimes I still can't forgive myself for being so dumb, I try to make myself more easygoing so that I won't hurt that much.
    2. I think there is no specific definition of mistake because mistake is very subjective: it can be a stepstone of succeed, or a huge shock that chokes passion and hope. Just as professor Pausch said, he was rejected by the company at first although he had a good diploma. He must be very frustrated at that time. But he didn't give up. And later on he developed the virtuality program! I think the frustration in professor Pausch's life became the stepstone of his succeed.
    3. I'm quite agree with professor Pausch's point of view. “When you are young enough to be trained for something, it'll become a part of your life.” Hence, everything in our life can be very meaningful. It's just we don't know when we will benefit from the experience. For example, when I was little, my mother forced me to learn piano. At first I enjoyed playing piano, but later on I felt uncomfortable with the pressure my mother enforced on me. Gradually I didn't enjoy playing piano anymore and I stopped playing piano. However, when I attend high school, I discovered that the training I received when I was learning piano helps me a lot when I was taking music class. Compared to other students, I am more sensitive to music notes. I believe that it is because of the training when I was little. Therefore, I think we should be grateful to all the difficulties we encounter since we can never know what kind of ability we will need in the future.

    Judy Chou, Fu Jen Eng Dept.

    回覆刪除
  2. It is good that we both take mistakes as something positive, and I think it is the first step to become a successful person. After I pay more attention on professor Pausch’s speech, I was deeply moved and inspired by him, and I like what professor Pausch said in his speech that brick walls (I think it could be failure, mistake, frustration, obstacle) are there for reason,” Brick walls are there to give us a chance to let us prove how badly we want things. They are there to stop other people who don’t want it badly enough ”, and “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand”. Although he had already passed away, his attitude toward life will keep passing on, and his spirit will influence us forever.
    I have the same experience with you for practicing piano, which is really a harsh progress but worthwhile at the same time! I know I feel the same=)

    回覆刪除