2009年11月4日 星期三

Task 5

1. Can you explain what this picture is showing about collaborative learning (or group learning)?
It shows the progress and the outcomes of collaborative(group) learning.
2.What is your favorite part of this type of learning?
My favorite part of this type of learning is “Learning through reflection”. Not only in writing works, but also in reality, I enjoy reflecting on what I have done. Only through reflection would you know your drawbacks, and it also stands you a chance to fix them. It is rather important to check it over again with your paper works, because it can avoid you from offending others, making reading troubles for others, and bringing shame on yourself in formal occasion and so on.
3.What would be the part that usually bothers you when working with others? Give an example from your personal experience and elaborate on it. I think “written and/or oral deliverables”is the part that bothers me most. I am afraid of making a fool of myself, worrying that someone would laugh at me if I make mistake. I build up my confidence basing on others’ judgments on my paper works or oral performance. For example, as an English-majored student, I have a great stress when others ask me for helping them on their paper works or English-related questions. I also feel like being on the thin ice while doing English blogging task like this. It is like we are having a competition that kind of thing>< However, pressure makes progress, I will work hard on my writing! Please feel free to point out my mistakes so that I can fix it!

2 則留言:

  1. My favorite part of this type of learning is also “learning through reflection.” Quite similar to your view point, I think self-reflecting helps people work better. Reflections after incidents usually provides people with a better way to solve the similar problem next time. For example, everytime I finished a group report, I look back on the working process. And each time I can find experiences that help me with my communication skill. The other day I had a quarrel with my partner because I didn't really agree with her idea and I wasn't willing to commnunicate with her. My partner tried to talk to me and explain her idea more specifically. But in the end she was angry with me because I refused to listen to her and I didn't ever try to negotiate. Thus the pair work became terrible: she hated me and I disliked her. It was a horrible experience. However, when I looked back on the incident, I feel that I was so rude and irresponsible to my partner. Hence I apologized to my partner and I decided that from that time I should change my attitude toward cooperating work so that similar things wouldn't happen again.

    When doing a group work, the most common problem I've encountered is that sometimes some of the group members are not willing to participate in the discussion and they tend to delay the assigned work. When people are not willing to talk and discuss with others, it is hard to work as a team, not to mention to come up with a proper conclusion for the project. These people decrease the effiecency of group work. I will say the purpose of teacher forcing students to work as a group is good-minded. However, the team work is actually a mess.

    I don't really like to work as a team because it is very troublesome to do a group work. But still I think good communication skill can help people get through all the problems they might encounter.

    回覆刪除
  2. I think arguing is also a kind of negotiating. As long as you make your points clear, it is not necessary a bad thing to argue. However, it is better to calm down a little bit first, and then try to meet each other’s need. We can’t avoid being grouped with someone aggressive, stubborn, or self-centered, yet, there is always a way to solve problem. Just change our attitude and take a step back, it is likely to have a win-win situation.

    回覆刪除