2009年10月15日 星期四

Britney Spear's confession

Upon seeing Britney’s confession, I take it with a grain of salt. First of all, she reminds me of the other female star- Paris Hilton. Paris is young and was coddled since she was little because her father is the head of Hilton enterprise. She stepped into showbiz and seemed to get lost at the very beginning-she has a totally chaotic personal life and act like no better than one should be. Anyway, she one day realize she was filled with guilt, and decided to turn over a new leaf. But this oath just last for couple of days, and collapse before you know it. The temptation in Holly Wood seems great enough to destroy a person, not to mention an absolute beginner and a young girl as well. It is too easy to get lost. Secondary, the timing she made the confession is too skillful-right on the time she release her new album! Don’t you think she did it on purpose? Therefore, I chose not to believe her.

However, whether she is my family, friends, or neither of them, I will still give her a chance. I believe everyone is born to be good, and it is fortunate of her to realize her wrongdoings and even try to fix them. We should always give others the second chance. After all, to err is human, and everyone makes mistake through out his or her life now and then.

2 則留言:

  1. I've never heard of Paris Hilton, at least not before you mentioned her name. I googled her name and found out that she seemed not to be a good model. I believe that fame, power and wealth are really inevitable temptations which make people feel lost, especially for those who are in the entertainment industry. I think it is common to see those celebrities feeling lost, acting weird, or taking drugs. Because firstly, those entertainers are under high pressure since they are examined by their audience from time to time. Secondly, they usually earn much more money then most people. Living under such pressure and with sufficient money, people can and will do anything.
    Besides the seduction that celebrities have to encounter, I think the value of being famous is overemphasized. Take a look at our TV programs you can observe that everyday there are hundreds of thousands of people hoping to become famous either through singing contest or beauty contest. I think this is a very serious problem. People only see the beautiful, positive part of celebrities but don't understand that they are always in the center of spotlight and have almost no privacy.
    Back to our topic, I'm quite agree with you. I think the timing Britney makes her confession is very strange. It somehow makes people think she is just trying to grab attention from the mass for her new album. But of course, just as you said, we should always give people another chance, even the one who have had committed countless crimes. With love and forgiveness, we can create a better world. :)

    Judy, FJU Eng Dept.

    回覆刪除
  2. On seeing so many people trying their best to enter the entertainment circle, I feel worry about them. They should consider whether their physical and mental are both mature. There are too many tasks and temptation to cope with (or to overcome) so a firm will to fight against corruption is rather important.
    I heard a song lately, it was written by Lilly Allen, and the lyric says: “I'll take my clothes off and it will be shameless, coz everyone knows that's how you get famous. I don't know what's right and what's real anymore…I don't know how I'm meant to feel anymore…” It ironically described the celebrities’ world, which is also the real side of it. From the lyric, we can somewhat stretch out the picture of movie stars or singers’ life. It is definitely not easy. Maybe we shouldn’t point at their nose saying how corrupt they are, but paying more attention on their musical or dramatic performance and so on.

    回覆刪除