2010年3月28日 星期日

Journal-Let’s go “Shrimping”!

It was Friday night, and we decided to go shrimping in Chayi city almost on impulse. Although shrimping is not a popular activity among young people nowadays, we still want to give it a try and see if we can have fun.

I have gone shrimping once ten yeas ago, and the only thing I remember was that I pulled the pole too hard that it hooked to the ceiling and I got nothing but dust. This time, I learned the lesson, and changed my strategy: First of all, be patient. Gently put your bobber down and watch carefully what the origin height your bobber is on the water surface. Second, wait until the bobber goes down below the water surface. Third, the most important of all, you can’t pull it immediately once the bobber goes down. It is better to count to three, and in the meanwhile, slightly pull the line to feel the tension of shrimp, but watch out for the situation that the tension might be so subtle that you can hardly feel it. You have to shrimp the shrimp with your heart.

After two hours of waiting, I won the second prize among we six people. However, honestly speaking, the total amount of shrimp isn’t very much so we didn’t have much to eat. I murmured as the other two “shimpers” holding their “shrimp hill” passing by. They heard me and felt pity for us so that they granted us some shrimps! It was so nice of them! (In fact, even the boss granted us a dish because of our poor technique.) It was really a interesting and special experience about going shrimping. Shrimping not only entertained us but also fed us well. We really have a lot of fun and enjoy ourselves very much.

沒有留言:

張貼留言